INDOOR BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
10u – OPEN
3 Game Guarantee 80min. Finish the Inning
2 Pool / Single Elimination
$500 Entry Fee- Online Processing Only
Teams must be able to play on Friday. Games begin at 6:00pm.
LSSC Housing Policy applies for those teams outside 75mi. of complex
Gate Fees Apply
Adult- $5 Daily
Child/Senior- $3 Daily
Welcome to the Louisville Slugger Sports Dome
We hope your experience is a special one. Gameplay is geared for a total player, coach, fan & team experience.
Game length, batting order and facility rules cater to players for more opportunities during their winter season. Hitters getting winter at bats seeing live pitching and pitchers getting their shot to test their off season workouts.
OFFICIAL DOME GAME PLAY RULES
Coaches must turn in a copy of team insurance certificate at check-in.
Manager check in is located inside the Administrative building in front of the dome.
*All spectators must remain on the concrete apron
*Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
Ceiling Rule – Balls making contact with the roof will be deemed foul regardless of where it makes contact, fair or foul. Unless on 3rd strike. Batter will be declared out on a fair 3rd strike that makes contact with the roof.
Contact with the outfield netting is ruled a homerun- In a limited amount of area the lighting netting is approx. 20′ above the outfield fence. The only result that would occur without the netting being there is a homerun therefore ruled as such.
Baseball Game Play Rules
1. Tournament is sanctioned by and will be governed by USSSA rules. All teams must be registered with USSSA.
2. Coaches must check in prior to their first game.
All teams must turn in a copy of the official USSSA roster, signed by all players, and proof of insurance, both of which are forwarded to the USSSA office. There are no exceptions. All teams must have copies of birth certificates available to produce upon request.
3. Teams must be ready to play 30mins. prior to scheduled time.
4. Team managers must maintain contact with tournament director at all times. LSSC reserves
the right to alter the tournament format due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
5. No soft toss into the nets or fences.
6. Bracket seeds will be determined by all pool games thru USSSA ISTS on line system.
7. Coin toss will determine home team throughout pool play. Bracket play will be determined by
seed. Higher seed with choice.
8. Home team will be the official scorekeeper. Scores should be verified every 1 2 inning by the
visiting team with the plate umpire.
9. Championship games will be 6 innings.
10. Any forfeited games shall be scored 7-0.
11. Run Rules – 15 run lead after 3 innings, 8 run lead after 4 innings for 6 inning games.
12. Game guarantees are always weather permitting.
13. Refund policy- 30 days before deadline- 100%, Once schedule released- No games played 95%, 1
game played- 50%, 2 games started- 0%
14. Field Dimensions-
- 8u- 60’B 40’P
- 10u A*- 60’B 42’P * No lead offs- can steal once ball crosses home plate
- 9u, 10u- 65’B 46’P
- 11u, 12u- 70’B 50’P
15. Length of Game- 9u- 12u – 6 inning games or 90min. time limit. 8u – 5 innings or 70min. time limit.
• ITB, International Tie Breaker rule after time limit has expired, or after official innings have been completed. Last completed at bat will take 2nd base to begin inning.
16. Classifications- Each age group is divided into four different USSSA classifications –
A AA AAA Major. No class will be merged unless necessary for tournament numbers.
17. Courtesy Runner- Any legal player not officially in the game or the last made out may run for pitcher or catcher. INDOOR– Last made out
18. Batting- Teams may bat a 9(nine) player lineup, a 10(ten) player line up using the EH (extra hitter) or bat continuous line up of present, eligible players. Lineup must be declared before the start of the game and used the entire game. INDOOR– Bat roster
19. Pitching- A player removed from the pitching position(starting or otherwise) will not be able to return to that position in that same game.
Umpire will record pitcher of record for every inning and turn in card to director with scorecard for display at bracket board.
• One Day Max to Pitch Next Day-
7u- 14u- A pitcher may throw no more than 3 innings in one day
• One Day Maximum-
7u- 12u- A pitcher may throw no more than 6 innings in one day.
If a pitcher reaches these limits they would be ineligible to pitch the following day.
• Three Day Maximum-
No more than 8 innings in a 3 day consecutive stretch
• Mandatory Day of Rest-
- A player that pitches more than 3 innings in one day must rest the next day.
- A player that pitches more then 8 innings in two consecutive days MUST rest the next day.
- A player that pitches three consecutive days MUST rest the next day.
• Intentional Walks- Pitcher must pitch to batter.
20. Violating pitching limits shall result of forfeiture of the game and if violation occurs during Pool Play, offending team will not be scheduled into Championship bracket.
21. Help keep us on time…Once your game is completed please clean and vacate your dugout and field to allow following teams in.
LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility-
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff.
Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility til after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one.
Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
• No carts or wagons are allowed in dome!
• No Sunflower Seeds- Team will be removed from the event
• All spectators must remain on the concrete apron
• Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
• No Metal Cleats
• No Coolers/Brought in food or drink
• No Gum
• No Pets- please make arrangements prior to your trip
• No Smoking of any kind
LOUISVILLE SLUGGER SPORTS COMPLEX – STAY TO PLAY POLICY
To ensure LSSC’s success and ability to offer the best possible experience, participating teams traveling from outside 75mi. are required to use our online housing system set up through the facility.
Qualified teams must have a minimum of 8 rooms per night picked up in the LSSC system by the tournament deadline. Failure to follow LSSC housing policy will result in the team not being scheduled into the tournament.
Shea Olehy – LSSC Hotel Director | Shea@SluggerPeoria.com | 309-273-6950
Excellent spectator views on each field- suspended unobstructed back stop netting
2- 200′ full size fields with 6′ outfield fence
75′ ceiling w/250′ skylight
State of the Art LED lighting
Designated warm up areas with toss nets, pitching, ground ball-throwing areas
20′ of foul territory- unobstructed throwing lanes to every base
PITCH PRO portable mounds
No carts or wagons are allowed in dome!
No Sunflower Seeds- Team will be removed from the event
All spectators must remain on the concrete apron
Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
No Metal Cleats
No Coolers/Brought in food or drink
No Pets- please make arrangements prior to your trip
No Smoking of any kind