july 13 (Friday) - 15 (Sunday)
Louisville Slugger Sports Complex
8400 N. Orange Prairie Road, Peoria, IL 61615
[fusion_builder_column type="1_1" layout="1_2" spacing="" center_content="no" hover_type="none" link="" min_height="" hide_on_mobile="small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility" class="clmpad" id="" background_color="#ffffff" background_image="" background_position="left top"
Slugger Summer Sizzler
8u 9u 10u 11u 12u
Class A & AA
4 Game Guarantee
3 Pool / Gold- Silver- Bronze Single Elimination Brackets
Game times Friday begin at 9:00am
Gate Fees Apply:
Adult- $7 Daily $15 Weekend
Child- $4 Daily $10 Weekend
LSSC has some wonderful partner Hotels that are less than a mile from the complex
Holiday Inn & Suites Grand Prairie – 309-683-3399
Country Inn & Suites – 309-589-0044
Wingate by Wyndham – 309-589-0033
Hampton Inn & Suites – 309-589-0001
Candlewood Suites – 309-691-1690
Another one of the partner hotels is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites offers a complimentary breakfast, an indoor pool and hot tub, and free Wi-Fi. If you stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morton – 309-263-4400, you will receive a coupon for one free meal deal at the Louisville Slugger Sports Complex concession stand upon check in (one coupon per room)
Please call the hotel directly to make group block arrangements.
USSSA BASEBALL GAME PLAY RULES
- Tournament is sanctioned by and will be governed by USSSA rules. All teams must be registered with USSSA.
- Coaches must check in at the LSSC admin building, in front of the dome, prior to their first game. All teams must turn in a copy of their signed official USSSA roster and proof of insurance. There are no exceptions. All teams must have copies of birth certificates available to produce upon request.
- Teams must be ready to play 30mins. prior to scheduled time.
- Team managers must maintain contact with tournament director at all times.
- LSSC reserves the right to alter the tournament format due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- No soft toss into the nets or fences.
- Bracket seeds will be determined by all pool games thru USSSA ISTS on line system.
- Coin toss will determine home team throughout pool play.
Bracket play will be determined by seed. Higher seed with choice.
- Home team will be the official scorekeeper. Scores should be verified every 1 2 inning by the visiting team with the plate umpire.
- Championship games will be 6 innings.
- Any forfeited games shall be scored 7-0.
- Run Rules – 15 after 3 innings, 8 after 4 innings
- Game guarantees are always weather permitting.
- Refund policy- 30 days before deadline- 100%, Inside 30 days and before schedule released- No games played 95%, after schedule release/1 game played- 50%, 2 games played- 0%
- Field Dimensions-
- 8u- 60’B 40’P
- 10u A*- 60’B 42’P * No lead offs- can steal once ball crosses home plate
- 9u, 10u- 65’B 46’P
- 11u, 12u- 70’B 50’P
- Length of Game- 9u- 12u – 6 inning games or 90min. time limit. 8u – 5 innings or 70min. time limit.
- In Pool play- Ties will be awarded after regulation time or innings.
- In Bracket play– ITB, International Tie Breaker rule after time limit has expired, or after official innings have been completed. Last completed at bat will take 2nd base to begin inning. No count, no outs.
- Classifications- Each age group is divided into four different USSSA classifications –
A, AA, AAA, Major. No class will be merged unless necessary for tournament numbers.
- Courtesy Runner- Any legal player not officially in the game or the last made out may run for pitcher or catcher.
- Batting- Teams may bat a 9(nine) player lineup, a 10(ten) player line up using the EH (extra hitter) or bat continuous line up of present, eligible players. Lineup must be declared before the start of the game and used the entire game.
- Pitching- A player removed from the pitching position(starting or otherwise) will not be able to return to that position in that same game.
Umpire will record pitcher of record for every inning and turn in card to director with scorecard for display at bracket board.
- One Day Max to Pitch Next Day-
7u- 14u- A pitcher may throw no more than 3 innings in one day
- One Day Maximum-
7u- 12u- A pitcher may throw no more than 6 innings in one day.
If a pitcher reaches these limits they would be ineligible to pitch the next day.
- Three Day Maximum-
No more than 8 innings in a 3 day consecutive stretch
- Mandatory Day of Rest-
- A player that pitches more than 3 innings in one day must rest the next day.
A player that pitches more then 8 innings in two consecutive days MUST rest the next day.
- A player that pitches three consecutive days MUST rest the next day.
- Intentional Walks- Vocal command.
- Violating pitching limits shall result of forfeiture of the game and if violation occurs during Pool Play, offending team will not be scheduled into Championship bracket.
- Help keep us on time…Once your game is completed please clean and vacate your dugout and field to allow following teams in.
Sportsmanship- LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility-
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff.
Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility til after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one. Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
Sportsmanship- LSSC is a Zero Tolerance Facility
Sportsmanship is a behavior and attitude from players, umpires, coaches, parents/fans that demonstrate mutual respect. Any person at an LSSC event that demonstrates behavior that is detrimental to that mutual respect will be removed from the event. Detrimental behavior includes any action; verbal or otherwise that abuses players, coaches, spectators, umpires, or LSSC Staff. Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the facility till after the next game is completed by their team. Coach misses game ejected from, plus one. Any person removed by an umpire or director will be subject to removal for the remainder of the tournament.
- No Sunflower Seeds or Shelled Nuts- Team will be removed from the event
- Only coaches and players are allowed on the playing field and warm up areas
- No Metal Cleats
- No Coolers/Brought in food or drink
- No Gum
- No Pets- please make arrangements prior to your trip
- No Smoking of any kind
- No Overnight parking
10 outdoor fields fenced at 210′
100% synthetic turf
Bullpens, batting cages and toss nets
PITCH PRO portable mounds
No Sunflower Seeds- Team will be removed from the event
No Metal Cleats
No Coolers/Brought in food or drink
No Pets- please make arrangements prior to your trip
No Smoking of any kind
We are thrilled you will be playing at the Louisville Slugger Sports Complex! We encourage you to please check out our Partner Hotels! To make a room block, please contact the hotels directly.
|Country Inn & Suites||5309 W. Landens Way - (309)-589-0044|
Located near I-474 and Landens Way, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Peoria North, IL places you just across the highway from the popular Shoppes at Grand Prairie. Guests can ride our free shuttle to the Peoria Civic Center and the Peoria International Airport (PIA).
|Candlewood Suites||5300 W. Landens Way - (309)-691-1690|
Candlewood Suites is an extended stay hotel that is dedicated to making your stay feel like a home away from home. The hotel features 83 spacious, well designed suites with full kitchenettes- complete with a microwave, full size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, dinnerware and cookware.
|Hampton Inn & Suites||7806 N. Rt. 91 - (309)-589-0001|
We love having you here! Conveniently located by the Shoppes at Grand Prairie, the Hampton Inn & Suites offers an all-inclusive price for it spacious rooms and abundant amenities. Wake up in the morning to a complimentary On the House breakfast buffet or grab a On the Run breakfast to-go bag. Enjoy other hotel amenities including our fully equipped fitness center, relaxing indoor pool and spa, 24-hour business center, complimentary shuttle service to local attractions and more.
|HOLIDAY INN & SUITES||7601 N. Orange Prairie Rd. - (309)-683-3399|
Peoria’s NEWEST full service hotel- The Holiday Inn & Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie is conveniently located across from the Shoppes at Grand Prairie.
The hotel’s contemporary design and comfortable amenities offer everything you need when you’re away from home. The modern rooms and suites feature high-speed internet, 43” flat screen TVs, refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, spacious desk areas and cozy beds.
|Wingate By Wyndham||7708 N. Rt. 91 - (309)-589-0033|
The Wingate by Wyndham provides an enjoyable one of a kind experience for every kind of traveler. Conveniently located across from the Shoppes at Grand Prairie, the Wingate offers an all-inclusive price for each of its 65 spacious rooms. Each room features high-speed internet, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, flat screen HDTV and a spacious desk area.
|Louisville Slugger Sports Complex||8400 Orange Prairie Rd.|
LSSCJoe Bolen lssc@SluggerPeoria.com